Thursday, October 06, 2011

Ranting about politics.


I'm not pleased with Obama's success, but seriously, it is not all on him - EVERYONE up there, on BOTH parties, is to blame for not pulling this country out of a downward spiral.

Those who oppose Obama's efforts and policies, in the effort to make sure that solutions they don't like don't get enacted, have done a very good job of preventing ANYTHING from happening.

I'd be glad to vote for someone I thought could do better as President; but I don't expect to see ANYONE on the ticket that I will actually be happy about.

The standard criticism of Democrats boils down to, "They want to take your money and spend it on programs of questionable value."

The standard criticism of Republicans is, "They want to help the rich people stay rich and take more of your money."

Wealthy people and corporations are amoral, self-interested, and entirely too powerful for the good of the rest of us - and they do too good a job of fooling the populace into accepting it. The fuckers don't need any help at that. I want to see accountability for the rich assholes who think they are above the law - or who think they can WRITE the laws to favor themselves.

I wish I could find someone to vote FOR, but I am afraid I will just have to vote AGAINST whoever seems to be Halliburton's puppet.

No comments: